Yes. You read that right. Today I am sharing how you can fake a clean home in just about 20 minutes. We all know what it is like living with children. SH*T everywhere, all the time. So when you get that unexpected text that your mother in law will be dropping by or your short on time on any give day of the week and you want to have your husband actually think your winning the battle home vs. toddler here are a few easy steps that will fool the most critical eye.
- Enter your home as your guest would. Follow the likely path they will use and START there and only focus on those spaces alone. Have a laundry bin handy and a trash bag.
- Clear all surfaces first. Table tops, counters, the stairs that seem to collect 329 random items. Things that are just not put up goes in the laundry bag (cups,toys, shoes, random items) Random papers and clutter go into the trash bag. Clear counters and table tops gives the illusion of cleanliness.
- Next fluff pillows and wipe down clean surfaces with a lightly damp cloth.
- Most guests always end up in the kitchen. Clear the sink (shove everything into the dishwasher, and then I run it for good measure) I usually end up sticking random clutter items into the microwave- avoid using the oven… things get forgotten and then the next time you preheat – disaster strikes.
- Empty the bathroom trash bin that is most likely to be used by said guest. Double check there is in fact TP and give a sprits of cleaning solution to the sink (the smell will trick anyone into believing its freshly been scrubbed)
- Fill your diffuser up with your favorite citrus scent. Your house will smell fresh and the citrus scent is sure to put any visitor into a great mood.
SHORT ON TIME:
When you only have minutes to spare the last resort is to SHOVE everything into you master bedroom. Use the laundry bin and fill that baby up. Guests never dare enter your master and this is the most function space for hiding.
HAVE AN EXTRA 10 MINUTES?
Run your vacuum and if you have tiny capable hands have them put away everything that you collected in the laundry bin – having them help with the task assures that when you finish faking your clean home you wont have another area that has already been destroyed.